PASTORAL SURVIVAL
* 'CALL' TO PASTORAL MINISTRY
* STRESS AND BURNOUT: Stress - trying to please too many by 'doing too much'; Burnout - 'compassion fatigue'; lifestyle issues - sabbath, silence, solitude, stillness...
* PASTORAL LEADERSHIP: Leadership styles, working with disparate expectations from the congregation/denomination,
* PASTORAL CONVERSATIONS: all you need to know about counselling
* PASTORAL ETHICS: all you need to know about behaving yourself!
* THE PASTOR'S SPOUSE & FAMILY
* SPIRITUALITY FOR PASTORS: prayer, meditation, Spiritual disciplines, accountability - Spiritual Director, mentors etc.
 WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING TO THE CHURCH?
* THEOLOGICAL TRENDS: PARADIGM SHIFTS: women in leadership, GLBT's, government by consensus, priestly celibacy, charismatic renewal, conservative/progressive biblical interpretation (and a hermeneutic to address the 'hot topics' - Deity of Jesus, creation/eschaton, heaven and hell, violence in the Old Testament etc.), Christianity and other religions
* DEMOGRAPHIC TRENDS: which churches are growing/static/declining numerically - and why. Research into movement between churches. Emerging churches in the West
* ECUMENICAL TRENDS: working together to aid the poor/marginalized; denominational mergers
 WHAT'S THE CHURCH FOR?
* WORSHIP: the seven biblical modes of worship. 'Worship services' - liturgy, preaching, sacraments
* COMMUNITY: Spiritual gifts meeting human needs
* FORMATION: the application of the 'Word of God' by the Spirit of God to the heart and mind of the child of God, so that she or he becomes more like the Son of God.
* MISSION: biblical mandates - social justice, mercy, evangelism
 POT-POURRI OF THE BEST PASTORAL WISDOM
* Develop an alternative income-producing skill
* Never, ever call for volunteers (unless you want the seats moved)...